Irate. That's the only way to describe many Hyde County Mattamuskeet Elementary School parents.
The students were released from school early again Wednesday because of more complaints from kids saying they were feeling sick. Emergency management officials tested the building Tuesday and found low levels of carbon monoxide in the building.
Emergency officials tested the building again Wednesday after the latest complaints and were unable to detect carbon monoxide. They did detect small traces of diesel fumes.
School officials say the problem may be in the schools heating system. Many parents say their children will not return to school until they have proof the problem is resolved.
School is canceled Thursday because of the problem.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.