Investigators say they may be close to determining what started a house fire in Battleboro in Nash County that killed a four year old girl and injured others early Monday morning. The Nash County Sheriff's department says the fire which started in the study may have come from an electrical outlet. The husband and wife that own the home say a family friend was spending the night with other grandchildren when the fire started. Authorities say the little girl has been identified as four year old Macee Alexis Jones of Tarboro. Their granddaughter, who was also injured is being treated at UNC-Chapel Hill Burn Center for first and second degree burns as well as severe smoke inhalation. But in all the destruction, Cheryl says her husband had a religious awakening after what he saw a Bible in the ashes of the fire untouched, unscathed and in perfect condition.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.