Playing With Matches May Have Caused Mobile Home Fire

A strike of a match may have sent a house up in flames Wednesday. Now, three children and three adults won't be spending Christmas in their home.

Fire destroyed the Ross family's home located in the West Wood Village Mobile Home Park in Greenville. It is a total loss. The Red Cross will put them up in a hotel Wednesday night and give them about $1,000 for food and clothing.

The cause? Possibly one of the children playing with matches according to Maranda Ross, the mother.

Greenville Fire Department officials say it is a possibility, but will continue their investigation. Fire officials also say Wednesday's weather and high winds helped spread the fire quickly.