Chip Auman says his family is "numb, shocked and confused" in the wake of the Sunday morning fire in which seven college students were killed.
Auman's family owns the beach house where the fire occurred. He read a statement tonight at a Hartsville hospital where his 18-year-old daughter is being treated for complications from smoke inhalation.
She was inside the home in Ocean Isle Beach when it was destroyed by the fast-moving fire. Auman says his thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims of the fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.