A Craven County school was evacuated and closed early today because of a natural gas line break.
Roger Bell Elementary School shut down at 12:30 pm. The break happened in front of the school on Highway 101 around 10:40 am.
Students were safely evacuated to the Havelock Recreation Center. All students were accounted for.
The gas leak was fixed and by mid-afternoon Highway 101 opened again for traffic.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.