Hazmat Happy Meal

A pepper spray prank at a McDonald's restaurant in North Carolina sent six people to the hospital while 25 others were treated by emergency medical personnel at the scene.

The News & Observer of Raleigh reported that customers and employees at the restaurant in Knightdale were evacuated Sunday morning and treated for symptoms like burning noses and eyes.

The hazardous materials team from the Raleigh Fire Department responded to the call.

A McDonald's employee said Monday the problem was caused when someone put pepper spray on a hand dryer in the men's restroom. After turning the dryer on, the pepper spray spread throughout the restaurant.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Audra Location: SoCal on Nov 9, 2009 at 09:53 AM
    Excellent idea, of course... the very reason in CA now if u start a forest fire even by "oops" with a campfire (negligence), you're liable for the costs of getting it under control. That does however depend upon actually catching the perpetrator.
  • by me Location: Greenville on Nov 9, 2009 at 05:42 AM
    What can you say? Some people are just stupid! If they had to pay the restaurant back for all the income lost during that time period and pay the city for the expenses for the rescue and the pay the people who were injured by this prank then maybe they would grow up a little.
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 69545487 - witn.com/a?a=69545487
Gray Television, Inc.