The Winterville Fire Chief says a propane heater in a barn to keep dogs warm caught the building on fire Tuesday night.
It happened in the 3700 block of Speight Seed Farm Road around 7:30 p.m.
Winterville Fire Chief Jonathan Heltzel says no one was hurt and the dogs were able to make it out on their own.
He says the barn had about 500 square feet involved in fire, and that portion is a total loss.
Chief Heltzel says, "Be safe about keeping pets warm, bring them inside if you can."
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.