Lightning Sparks House Fire In Pitt County

The storms that rolled through Monday night are blamed for a house fire.

Dispatchers said Winterville firefighters responded to a house fire on Corbett Street around 8:30 Monday night. Officials believe a bolt of lightning sparked the blaze.

Two fire departments responded along with EMS, though no injuries were reported.

WITN's videographer captured the photo showing a blue tarp on the roof, covering the damage.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 163515746 - witn.com/a?a=163515746
Gray Television, Inc.