The storms that rolled through Monday night are blamed for a house fire.
Dispatchers said Winterville firefighters responded to a house fire on Corbett Street around 8:30 Monday night. Officials believe a bolt of lightning sparked the blaze.
Two fire departments responded along with EMS, though no injuries were reported.
WITN's videographer captured the photo showing a blue tarp on the roof, covering the damage.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.