Free tickets are still available to see Michelle Obama Speak at Minges Coliseum at East Carolina University Wednesday even after hundreds lined up to receive tickets Monday in Greenville and Rocky Mount. The line on Arlington Boulevard at the Organizing For America Office was very long Monday afternoon. Tickets were also given out at the campaign's office in Rocky Mount. A similar scene happened outside Mendenhall Student Center at ECU. The two Greenville locations will offer tickets again Tuesday starting at 10:00 a.m.
The First Lady will speak at Minges Coliseum Wednesday starting at 5:45 p.m. during a campaign stop for her husband. The university says Minges will hold about 6,000 people for this event.
Admission is free, but those wanting to attend must have tickets.
Remaining tickets will be given out on Tuesday starting at 10:00 a.m. at Organizing for America-Greenville, 214-A East Arlington Boulevard and at Cynthia's Lounge at ECU's Mendenhall Student Center.
- General public parking off Ficklen Drive
- Lots near Clark-LeClair baseball stadium
- Lot near Minges pool will be closed
- Americans With Disabilities Act parking needs will be accommodated on a first come, first serve basis in the lot south of Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium.
- No bags, no purses, book bags, back packs, etc. Only diaper bags permitted that will be checked IF you have an infant
- No strollers
- No weapons (knives included)
- No signs or balloons
- No artificial noisemakers
- No bottles or canned goods (concessions will be available)
- No writing utensils
- Classes that meet in Minges (12 noon and after) will be held elsewhere. Students are asked to check Blackboard or with your instructor.
Michelle Obama is scheduled to visit Greenville on Wednesday.
According to a press release, the First Lady will be speaking at East Carolina University at 5:45 p.m. Wednesday. She will be speaking at an event at Minges Coliseum.
The event is free to the public, but you do need a ticket to get in.
Tickets will be available starting Monday, September 17. Ticket pickup locations are as follows:
Organizing for America-Greenville
214 A E. Arlington Street
Organizing for America-Rocky Mount
2509 Sunset Avenue
East Carolina University
Mendenhall Student Center - Cynthia's Lounge
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.