Authorities say electrical problems caused a fire that left a family homeless Tuesday morning.
Grifton Fire Chief Edward Meeks says they were called around 4:30 a.m. to the home on East Hanrahan Road to the doublewide mobile home that was on fire.
Meeks says the fire was accidental and started near the laundry room. The chief says the home suffered lots of smoke and water damage.
At least three people were inside when the fire broke out and the American Red Cross is helping them find another place to stay.
The chief estimates the loss at $20,000.
The Grifton Volunteer Fire Department says it responded to an early morning house fire on Tuesday.
Fire crews on the scene told WITN the call came in at 4:30 a.m. to East Hanrahan Rd., just past Weyerhauser near Grifton. No injuries were reported in the fire at the one-story modular home.
Crews were finishing up clearing the scene around 8:15 a.m.
No word yet on what started the fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.