Police have brought more charges against a Greenville man who they say broke into 17 businesses this summer.
Yachtrez Wood was originally arrested for one business burglary on August 23rd, but now has been charged with 16 additional burglaries.
Police say in most cases, Wood used a concrete block or brick to smash out a window to get in the businesses. Other times, police say he pried open a rear door.
Officers say on several occasions three or four businesses were hit in one night. Many were on DIckinson Avenue, including a lock and key shop.
Once inside police say Wood took cash and other valuables. They were able to track the crimes to Wood through a combination of physical evidence found at the scenes, surveillance video and public safety cameras.
Wood has arrests dating back to 2004 for drug offenses, robbery, burglary, and auto theft. The 29-year-old is jailed on a $145,000 bond.
The following businesses were burglarized:
• Ernie's Famous Subs, 911 S. Memorial Drive on August 27
• Blessed Hands Car Wash, 2201 Dickinson Ave. on August 26
• Sam's Lock and Key, 1804 Dickinson Ave. on August 26
• Blue Ox Games, 504 W. 9th Street on August 25
• Bob's Barbershop, 921 Dickinson Ave. on August 26
• Hardy Auto Group, 309 Hooker Rd. on August 26
• Dickinson Auto & Tire, 1025 Dickinson Ave. on August 24
• Nostalgia Newsstand, 919 Dickinson Ave. on August 24
• Capital Automotive, 2900 E 10th Street on August 23
• Tilly's Barbershop, 1005-A Hamilton St. on August 23
• Tortillera Yenith Store, 3195 E. 10th Street on August 20
• Twist Hair Salon, 1305 E. 10th Street on August 16
• Super Cuts Hair Salon, 1901 Charles Blvd. on August 15
• Hwy. 55 Restaurant, 2907 E. 10th Street on July 29
• Mi Cabana Restaurant, 4054 S. Memorial Drive on July 29
• Cici's Pizza Restaurant, 425 SE Greenville Blvd. on July 29.
• Batteries Plus, 500 SE Greenville Blvd. on July 29