WITN  | Pitt County  | News, Weather, Sports

Greenville Fire: Grease Causes House Fire


A Greenville couple left their home Wednesday morning only to return later to their kitchen on fire.

Greenville Fire and Rescue responded to the home on Myrtle street just before 10:30.

Battalion Chief Eric Griffin says the homeowner cooked breakfast and some grease on the stove must have ignited after they left.

Griffin says it took crews just ten minutes to get the fire under control.

The home has heavy fire, smoke and water damage and is unlivable.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 212252631