WITN  | Pitt County  | News, Weather, Sports

NEW INFO: Pitt County Mobile Home Destroyed In Fire


Several volunteer fire departments battled a mobile home fire this morning in Pitt County.

Crews were called to the home on Gay Road, south of Fountain, shortly before 10:00 a.m.

Smoke was pouring out of the front of the home as crews worked to bring the fire under control.

Johnny Neal says he and his girlfriend live in the mobile home that's owned by his father. He said his girlfriend was home at the time, and she managed to get out okay. Neal believes the fire started at the stove.

The assistant fire chief with the Fountain Fire Department says the home is a total loss.

The homeowner told WITN he does not have insurance on the property and does not plan to rebuild.

Firefighters from Farmville, Falkland and Fountain responded to the fire.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 215074751