It wasn't a hot fire, but overheated hogs that brought out one Pitt County fire department in the scorching hot sun today.
Some 80 hogs, each weighing over 500 pounds, were stuck on a tractor trailer after a tire blew this afternoon. It happened around 2:45 at the intersection of Highway 102 and County Home Road.
Ayden Fire Chief Barry Wood said when the big rig isn't moving, the hogs need a way to keep cool in this extreme heat.
A fire department pumper was brought in to hose down the hogs until the truck could get back on the road.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.