Investigators say welding equipment sparked a fire this afternoon inside an adult care products plant in Greenville.
Fire crews were sent around 1:40 p.m. to the Attends Healthcare Products plant on Old Creek Road. An initial fire crew reported a fire inside and additional departments were called out.
Battalion Chief Shannon Terry says fire crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire inside.
Plant human resources director Leo Corbin says the fire alarm was pulled and all employees were evacuated as a precaution. Corbin says just two days ago the plant conducted a fire drill and that really helped with today's evacuation.
A half dozen fire trucks from Greenville and Staton House VFD responded while employees were allowed back inside around 2:30 p.m. Chief Terry says there was no property damage and the plant was able to resume operations.
Attends makes adult diapers and other products at its Greenville location.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.