A mobile home fire in Pitt County sent one man to the hospital Friday night.
The Swift Creek Fire Chief says about 6:20 p.m., firefighters were called to a home on Highway 43 near Herman Garris Road just outside of Greenville.
The chief says 61-year-old Graham Quinn was cooking french fires and started a kitchen fire that got out of control.
Quinn, whose birthday is Saturday, was taken to the hospital to be checked out. No one else was in the home.
While the home was damaged the chief says it is not a total loss.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.