WITN  | Pitt County  | News, Weather, Sports

NEW INFO: Electrical Problem Started Greenville Restaurant Fire

Fire investigators say an electrical problem sparked a fire that damaged a Greenville restaurant late Wednesday afternoon.

Deputy Fire Chief Eric Griffin says the electrical fire at Marabella's started in the back of the building in an office.

He says 27 firefighters were called to the Greenville Boulevard location to extinguish the blaze.

City inspectors put a condemned sign on the restaurant today, while the adjacent laundromat and dry cleaners remain closed.

The owner of the restaurant surveyed the damage Thursday and said their first plan is to meet with their insurance company and then they will meet with the landlord to decide if they will re-open at the same location or somewhere else in Greenville.

Marabella's has another Greenville location next to Best Buy.


Previous Story

A Greenville shopping center that houses a popular Italian restaurant caught fire late this afternoon.

Smoke and flames were coming out of Marabella's Restaurant on Greenville Boulevard. The fire was reported shortly before 5:00 p.m. and multiple fire units responded.

The shopping center houses the restaurant, a laundromat and a dry cleaning business.

The fire started in the restaurant's kitchen, according to firefighters, and by 6:00 p.m. it was extinguished.

No one was injured in the fire. Lanes were shut down on Greenville Boulevard for a couple of hours.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 190095561