Greenville Man Gets Violently Ill After Getting H1N1 Vaccine

Paralyzed from head-to-toe. That's the condition of one young man from Greenville, after his family says he took something that was supposed to keep him healthy.

Cerella Coda struggles to see her son James paralyzed.

James Coda Jr. has been hospitalized since February with Gillian-Barre.

A severe disease that attacks the nervous system.

Coda is an ECU graduate and a teacher at the Oakwood School in Greenville.

Cerella says her son received the H1N1 vaccine in January and about a week later he got violently ill.

James' parents believe the H1N1 flu mist, administered in their son's nose, is the reason their 25-year-old son is paralyzed.

The Coda's say doctors are not exactly sure if the flu mist caused James' condition.

But, according to the CDC, Guillain-Barre can be a rare side-effect of the H1N1 flu vaccine.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 89079477 - witn.com/a?a=89079477
Gray Television, Inc.