Thousands of Census 2010 jobs are up for grabs in Eastern Carolina. Census offices have started a second round of hiring, according to the governor.
The Census Office in Greenville is looking to employ nearly 4,000 people for jobs until September. Rocky Mount's Census Office says it will hire about 2,500 people.
To qualify for temporary Census employment, you must be:
• able to read, write, and speak English;
• a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident, or non-citizen with an appropriate work visa, and you must possess a bilingual skill for which there are no available qualified U.S. citizens;
• at least 18 years old;
• have a valid social security number;
• pass a written test of basic skills (view practice test here);
• have a valid driver's license;
• pass a background check; and
• commit to four days of training. You will be paid for training days.
Information can be found at JobsNOW.nc.gov