Firefighters from several counties were busy with house fires Monday morning.
Dispatchers say crews from the Grimesland and Simpson Fire Departments responded to one fire at 6582 NC 33 East in Grimesland in Pitt County. The call came in around 1:15 AM.
There is no word on any injuries or how bad the fire was.
In Pamlico County an overloaded circuit is being blamed for a fire on G. Harper Lane in Arapahoe.
Assistant Fire Marshal Chris Murray says the fire started around 4:00 a.m.. It was quickly extinguished, and the fire was limited to just one bedroom. One person in the home was taken to the hospital, suffering from smoke inhalation.
Meanwhile, firefighters in Beaufort County were kept busy overnight battling a blaze on Whichard's Beach Road.
Authorities say the home was destroyed by the fire, but there were no injuries.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.