Investigators confirm that a grease fire caused Wednesday's apartment fire in Greenville.
The fire department says the resident noticed the grease fire on the stove and moved the pan to the sink and turned on the water. That just intensified the fire.
There are ten units in the building that caught fire at Concord Apartments. The fire department says people living in 3 of those units will be allowed to move back in, but the other seven units will need extensive renovations.
Greenville firefighters say 25 to 30 people have been displaced after a fire damaged their apartment building Wednesday afternoon.
Fire units responded to Concord Apartments around 2:20 p.m. The complex is on Concord Drive, directly behind Wal-Mart.
The fire was brought under control in about 15 minutes.
The apartment complex owner says a resident in an upstairs apartment was cooking when grease caught fire. There are 10 apartments in the building.
There were no reports of any injuries.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.