Apartment Complex Fire Under Investigation

A strange set of circumstances lead to an apartment fire in Greenville.

It happened at the Village Green Apartments.

Investigators say the blaze started in an upstairs kitchen area after a stove caught on fire.

Officials say electricity had been turned off, then turned back on when the tenants weren't home.

It's not known if the stove was left on, or if it came on when the electricity was restored.

Investigators are also trying to determine if something was left on the stove.

Flames spread to a nearby wall, then the roof which caused the building to collapse.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Anonymous on May 19, 2009 at 07:27 AM
    Smoke seems to be clouding the truth here.
  • by J Location: Gville on May 19, 2009 at 05:22 AM
    Another reason why I am glad that I don't live around some careless college kids right now.
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 45365972 - witn.com/a?a=45365972
Gray Television, Inc.