Cause Of Frat House Fire Determined

There is new information regarding the fire that swept through an ECU fraternity house two weeks ago.

Fire officials say it was a misuse of electrical equipment at the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity house that led to the fire, this according to the Daily Reflector Newspaper.

The paper says, investigators found bundled and coiled extension cords within three feet of the fire's origin.

That fire broke out in the early morning hours of January 30th destroying the residents belongings and killing one pet.

One resident suffered minor burns.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Sam Location: Williamston on Feb 16, 2009 at 08:26 AM
    That has got to be a sign of relief for the Sig Ep guys. I wish them the best in their recovery.
  • by T Location: NC on Feb 15, 2009 at 06:11 PM
    As a firefighter, I cannot even begin to tell the viewers about extension cords. When used as permit wiring, coiled, or close to a heat source, a disaster is right around the corner. Most people simply do not know the dangers of something as simple as an extension cord. Let this be a lesson in fire safety to all. Just ask these guys. I am sure when they went to bed, the last thing they thought was their house was going to be destroyed by fire. Fire doubles and triples in size every thirty seconds, so this does not give anyone alot of time to react, especially in the early morning hours. Hope you guys learned a little something, but I am very glad none of you perished. Dying by fire/inhalation is no way to go, and if you have ever seen a charred body, it never leaves your memory. As we say in our profession, "we do not want your business". Practice fire safety, and beat it in your kids heads about practicing quality fire safety. Tragedy can happen to any of us. FTM-PTB
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 39645417 - witn.com/a?a=39645417
Gray Television, Inc.