Skylight Inn Goes Up In Flames Once Again

By: Christine Kennedy
By: Christine Kennedy

Embers from a wildfire burned a part of a well known restaurant in Pitt County authorities say.

For the second time in the past year, the smokehouse at the Skylight Inn Barbecue Restaurant in Ayden went up in flames Thursday.

The smokehouse where the meat is cooked is the only part of the restaurant the fire damaged. The main dining area is still intact. The Ayden fire department says the wind started the trouble.

The Skylight Inn does not know the full extent of the damage, but they hope to re-open in a couple of days.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 39533662 - witn.com/a?a=39533662
Gray Television, Inc.