One family in the east escaped a fire that destroyed the interior of their home.
The call came in for a home on West Marlboro Road in Farmville Thursday afternoon around 4:30.
Firefighters with chainsaws cut away portions of roof trying to get to the fire.
Three stations responded to the call and roughly 30 firefighters and volunteer firefighters responded.
Authorities say once the fire broke out in the kitchen it quickly spread throughout the house.
Smoke continued to fill the home destroying at least three rooms. The woman cooking inside the home escaped however the home was severely damaged according to the Farmville Fire Chief.
The Farmville Fire Department has not yet determined the official cause of the fire.
Crews were called to a house fire Thursday afternoon, about 4:00 p.m.
The fire broke out at a single story ranch house in a residential community on West Marlboro Road in Farmville.
Parts of the roadway were blocked off as crews battled the fire.
Multiple units were called to the scene.
We're told a grease fire is to blame. Thankfully the woman in the house was able to get out safely.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.