Police said a man was put in jail under a nearly $2 million bond after investigators linked him to area burglaries and rapes.
On Wednesday, Jacksonville police said 36-year-old Willie Brown was arrested on charges from both their agency and NCIS, closing several cases which both agencies had been working on since 2011.
Police said the crimes Brown has now been charged with happened between July of 2011 and September of 2012.
Brown is currently in jail under a $1,950,000 bond and will likely have a first appearance in Onslow County Thursday morning for the following charges:
- Six counts of 1st degree rape
- Three counts of 1st degree burglary
- One count of 1st degree kidnapping
- Two counts of 2nd degree kidnapping
- Four counts of 1st degree sexual offense
- One count of attempted 1st degree rape
- Five counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon
- One count of felony breaking and entering
- One county of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury