Officials: Flat Iron May Have Started House Fire

A family in the east is facing tens of thousands of dollars in fire damage to their home today. And officials think they know what common beauty tool started it.

The fire was reported at 804 School Street in Jacksonville Thursday afternoon. Officials think a flat iron, or hair straightener, was left on while no one was home.

The fire damage is estimated at $30,000.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 176930561 -
Gray Television, Inc.