Local renters had to sleep somewhere other than home Tuesday night after a kitchen fire in one of their apartment building's units.
Jacksonville Deputy Fire Chief Spencer Lee said crews were called to the Liberty Crossing Apartments in Jacksonville around 4:20 Tuesday afternoon.
That is at 200 Carmen Avenue, across Plaza Drive, from the Onslow County Public Library.
Crews said they had to evacuate the building after a kitchen fire in unit 1502.
The fire was put out quickly, and no one was hurt.
Firefighters did have to cut off power to the building.
No word yet on what caused that fire, but we know the apartment management and the Red Cross are working together to make sure the people who live in the damaged apartment have a place to stay.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.