The sign out in front of a Jacksonville fast food restaurant was "flame broiled" today, and it wasn't at a Burger King.
The large sign at the Wendy's on Western Boulevard went up in flames around 12:30 p.m.
Fire Marshal John Reed says a cigarette probably caused the fire after someone didn't dispose of it properly and it caught the mulch on fire at the base of the sign.
Flames were shooting some 10 feet in the air, and the heat ended up melting the plastic message board letters up top.
No one was injured in the fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.