A family using candles for light because of a power outage ended up sparking at fire inside their house.
According to the Jacksonville fire officials they were called to the home on the 400 block of Brentwood Avenue around 12:15 a.m. Sunday. When they arrived on scene there was moderate to heavy smoke. Six fire department units were called out to put out the blaze.
Officials say the family that lives there had lit candles in their bathroom because power was out at their home due to storms in the area. They say a curtain caught fire. The residents tried to put out the flames, but weren't able to so they called 911.
No one was injured in the fire. Officials estimate there was a total of $44,000 dollars in damage.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.