A faulty wood stove flue is to blame for a fire that destroyed a home Sunday afternoon, that's according to the Onslow County Sheriff's Office.
Onslow County deputies say the fire on Ramsey Road happened around 3:45 p.m. Six fire departments battle the blaze.
An investigator says the fire was caused by hot ashes getting into the attic due to a bad connection with the flue into the home's chimney.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.