Fire Leaves Several People Homeless

Three people, including two Marines, are without a home after a fire ripped through their jacksonville duplex late Sunday night.

Four volunteer fire departments in Onslow County responded to the blaze in the hunters creek subdivision. The home at 206 Live Oak Court is a total loss.

Authorities have determined the cause of the fire was a malfunctioning dishwasher.

Neighbors say it took hours to control the fire, that jumped to a neighboring unit, and also damaged the duplex next door.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 66200797 - witn.com/a?a=66200797
Gray Television, Inc.