A child faces charges following a bomb threat to a middle school last week.
The Jacksonville Department of Public Safety says a 12-year-old will be charged under a juvenile petition.
Police say the child made a bomb threat to Jacksonville Commons Middle School last Friday.
Police say the threat, faxed into the school, was found at approximately 9:00 AM. Proper precautions were taken immediately to ensure the safety of the students and staff.
Captain Jason Bettis of the Jacksonville Police Department said, "We will rigorously pursue any bomb threat to the fullest extent of the law."
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.