A family is safe after an early Friday morning house fire. Firefighters say that family included an 11-month-old boy.
Every room in the house was destroyed, and the brick that remains is charred.
Click the Photos tab above to see pictures from the scene.
Crews were called out to Gall Road outside of Belhaven across the Hyde County line around 3:40 a.m. They had put the fire out around 4:45.
The Ponzer Volunteer Fire Department in Hyde County responded, along with the Scranton and Belhaven fire departments.
Eve Richardson with Ponzer says a family was in the single story home when the fire broke out. Everyone made it out safely.
The Red Cross is on scene to assist the family.
Firefighters are looking at whether a wood stove caused the fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.