Blackwater Founder Cutting Ties With Company

The man who built Blackwater USA into one of the world's most respected and reviled defense contractors will no longer be involved in the company's operations.

A spokeswoman for the company, now called Xe, said Wednesday that Erik Prince will relinquish involvement in its day-to-day operations and give up some of his ownership rights. Prince had appointed a new president and chief operating officer in a management shake-up earlier this year.

Spokeswoman Stacy DeLuke says Prince felt he was "constantly being thrown under the bus" after serving the country for years. Prince's company did years of work for the government but has been dogged by a series of federal investigations into its work.

Vanity Fair magazine was first to report Prince's feelings about his treatment.

(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 2, 2009 at 03:03 PM
    ALL THOSE YEARS OF DOING WHATS RIGHT FOR THIS COUNTRY,THEN COMES nancy pelosi.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 2, 2009 at 09:40 AM
    "Being thrown under the bus"...Ya think! The most requested company for security by all the big shots, But those same big shots run like cockroaches when lights are turned on when others that don't like Blackwater scream foul. And these investigations will go anyway the politicians want them too.
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 78326017 - witn.com/a?a=78326017
Gray Television, Inc.