Mold Confirmed At Elizabeth City State University

Tests for mold have come back positive at Elizabeth City State University.

Students started saying they were getting sick last month, because of mold in the Mickey Birnum Fine Arts Center at Elizabeth City State, and at Moore Hall. The Daily Advance says as of Thursday mold has been confirmed in the Fine Arts Center and the G.R. Little Library. University officials said the roof on the Fine Arts Center was scheduled to be replaced.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Anonymous2 Location: Elizabeth City State University on Nov 21, 2009 at 07:43 PM
    I'm a senior here at ECSU and mold has always been a serious matter but now that people are having issues behind it, they need to make moves now, but they are tight on a dollar, and Lord only knows that acting as though a problem isn't there, is not fixing it. Hope good things are to come and not more uneasy situations with this matter.
  • by Anonymous on Nov 11, 2009 at 06:25 PM
    Most of the mold at ecsu is growing underneath the students and the faculty.
  • by ashley Location: williamston on Nov 5, 2009 at 02:54 PM
    im a student at ecsu and ive noticed that for the past couple of months by the end of the day i have a bad headache, most of my classes are in moore hall where some of the mold problem is. i remember that a couple of years ago they had problems with mold in moore hall and supposedly "fixed" it. clorox and paint dont fix it on a permanent basis. as much as me and other students pay in tuiton i think that they can find a way to correct the mold problem in all of the buildings once and for all. i hope that ecsu realizes that the health of its students and fauclty should be a top priority as opposed the new "cute" street signs (ex. "Teachers Way" "Science Drive") that they spent OUR money on.
  • by Laura Location: NC on Nov 5, 2009 at 07:33 AM
    The bad thing about just replacing the roof is that mold spores are airborne. The mold is more than likely not contained in just the roof. And depending on what kind of mold it is, says whether you can keep the whole building nor not. Unfortunately, as some of you may think, bleach does not kill mold. And mold can be fatal if prolonged exposure to it.
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 69272442 - witn.com/a?a=69272442
Gray Television, Inc.