Hollywood is coming back to North Carolina, and state leaders say that could mean millions of dollars for the local economy.
Gov. Beverly Perdue said Monday that the film "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island" is slated to begin production in Wilmington this month.
The film stars Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Michael Caine and is being produced by New Line Cinema, a subsidiary of Warner Bros.
Production is expected to last five months, which Perdue says will mean hundreds of jobs and millions of dollars.
Earlier this year, Perdue signed a bill expanding tax breaks for film companies to help bring more productions to the state.
The state Revenue Department says movie and TV projects spent $148 million in 2008 in North Carolina, and $55 million in 2009.
Copyright 2015 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.