NC Woman Killed in Fire is Ruled Accident

A North Carolina woman has died in a house fire which is being described as an accident.

The Star-News of Wilmington reports that firefighters responded to the fire at 2:33 a.m. Saturday. Battalion Chief David Hines said firefighters reported seeing smoke coming from the rear of the house and two men standing in the yard.

The bystanders told firefighters where they thought the fire started and that no one was home. Once crews entered the home, they found a woman inside.

Jacqueline Denise Nesbitt was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at the hospital.

The fire department has called the fire accidental. A department ststement said the fire started on the stove top and appears to be from unattended cooking. Investigators could not find a smoke detector.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Moma Location: NC on Sep 27, 2009 at 05:00 PM
    Very sad. Thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 62262422 -
Gray Television, Inc.