Persistent severe weather and rain means persistent road issues Thursday morning.
Three counties in the east are having issues, according to the Department of Tranportation: Pitt, Edgecombe, and Greene counties.
- expect flooding along NC 121 between Stantonsburg Road and N. Contentnea Street until about 10AM Thursday.
- Bell Road, west of Farmville, is under water between Stantonsburg Road and the Greene County line and also expected to be passable by 10AM Thursday.
- Sheppard Mill Road at the Ward's Bridge Intersection is expected to be closed until 3PM Thursday.
- Bell Road is closed and is expected to reopen at 4PM on Friday.
- West of Pinetops along Temperance Hall Road is closed between N. Fountain and Wood Duck Roads.
- Faith Baptist Church Road is closed between N. Fountain Road and Davistown Mercer Road and is expected to open by noon Thursday
ECU says several parking areas on campus remain closed because of overnight flooding.
The lot at the bottom of College Hill will be closed indefinitely, while the lower at Minges Coliseum is closed until it clears up.
Some commuters may have to re-route Wednesday morning as roads in eastern North Carolina are still drying out from Tuesday afternoon and evening storms.
By early Wednesday morning, the Department of Transportation said Pitt, Martin, and Wilson counties were still dealing with flooding issues on some major roads. Details of those closures are listed below.
-Some lowlying areas may be impassable. According to the DOT, the part of Highway 17 south of Williamston that was closed overnight has reopened, as of 7 a.m.
- NC 903, in both directions, impassable between Briery Swamp and NC 30
- Road expected to be passable by noon on Wednesday
- US 301 is now open between Thorne Avenue and Ward Boulevard
-DOT has removed all road closures
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.