Police say a bare light bulb that was hanging in a closet started a house fire this morning in Kinston.
Firefighters got the call around 10:20 a.m. to the home on Railfence Drive.
Police say the light bulb caught clothes on fire that were in the closet and caused some $10,000 in damage to the home, mostly from the smoke.
The homeowner told police he remembers turning the closet light on and then walking outside when the fire started.
No one was injured in the fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.