Multiple fire units fought a house fire in Kinston this afternoon.
Crews were called to the home in the 700 block of Greenmeade Drive around 12:40 p.m.
Firefighters say a grease fire started in the kitchen. Two people inside were able to get out safety and firefighters had the blaze out in about 15 minutes.
There was heavy damage in the kitchen and smoke damage throughout the home.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.