NEW INFO: House Fire In Kinston

Multiple fire units fought a house fire in Kinston this afternoon.

Crews were called to the home in the 700 block of Greenmeade Drive around 12:40 p.m.

Firefighters say a grease fire started in the kitchen. Two people inside were able to get out safety and firefighters had the blaze out in about 15 minutes.

There was heavy damage in the kitchen and smoke damage throughout the home.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by thinker on Mar 8, 2012 at 06:31 PM
    What you dont seem to understand is that any local city department on any structure fire will send 3 engines and the ladder truck
    • reply
      by In this economy on Mar 9, 2012 at 05:30 AM in reply to thinker
      that is a waste of money.
      • reply
        by National Standards on Mar 9, 2012 at 08:16 AM in reply to In this economy
        That is not a waste of money. There are national standards that you have to comply and you have to have enough personnel on scene to handle the incident and by the looks of this video and how the house is burned it may have started as a grease fire but was a full on house fire when they got there.
  • by Multiple crews??? on Mar 8, 2012 at 03:33 PM
    for a grease fire. I wish we could learn to save time and money in the fire departments of NC
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 141932763 - witn.com/a?a=141932763
Gray Television, Inc.