Firefighters believe a man in the East suffered severe 2nd and 3rd degree burns to his hands, feet and legs following a fire, officials say, was started around his kerosene heater.
Firefighters say it started Saturday night at the man's single wide trailer on the 200 block of Sunshine Street in Kinston. They say the man in his mid 20s awoke to find a fire around his kerosene heater. Officials believe the man was trying to throw it outside when he burned his feet, legs and his hands.
The man was taken to Lenoir Memorial Hospital, where officials believe he may be sent to the Chapel Hill Burn Center for his injuries.
Firefighters say there was minimal damage caused to the floor, and smoke damage caused throughout the trailer.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.