Volunteer firefighters tackled the heat to put out flames at an abandoned turkey house.
A fire broke out at the facility in Hookerton Thursday morning. Approximately 50 volunteer firefighters responded to the call and battled the fire for nearly two hours.
Crews were doing what they could to keep the firefighters hydrated and prevent other health risks that come along with being overheated on a hot day.
"We have a bunch of manpower here because of the heat," explained Deputy Fire Marshal Trey Cash. "We also have our EMS units here to check on blood pressures, heart rates, make sure our firefighters are hydrated."
Volunteer firefighters came from both Greene and Lenoir counties. Cash said none of them were injured battling the blaze.
|County and Regional
News & Events
|Wayne County/Wilson County|
How well your child does in school significantly depends on how involved you are as a parent. Read More
We are the new standard in gastroenterology
We are not a typical gym.
Preventing, treating, defeating heart disease.
Need Interior Design Help or Inspiration?
Do No Harm, Be Truthful, Continuously Improve, Be Accountable
Quality Used Cars - We Finance Everyone
Providing a Warm and Supportive Environment
We make the world's best mattress
Creating Real Miracles by Raising Funds for Local Hospitals
Preventing and Alleviating Suffering
An oasis or nuturing, rest and healing
Get in and go in America's favorite brand
Bedrooms for Baby, Teen and all ages Between
Preserving Historical Heritage
Your full service pharmacy
A Safe Place to Learn and Grow
A Strong Voice for the Injured
Fine Home Furnishings for Less than the Rest!