A Kinston family lost most of their possessions after fire ripped through their home Christmas Eve.
Kinston Fire Department Commander Steven Martin says an electrical short caused the fire at 410 North Independence Street.
The fire started around noon on Saturday and Martin says it took four companies about a half hour to bring the blaze under control. Three rooms were damaged by the fire, while the entire house had smoke damage.
No one was hurt in the fire and the American Red Cross helped the family with lodging over the holiday.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.