Early Morning Stovetop Fire In Kinston

By: Amy Holcombe / Carly Swain
By: Amy Holcombe / Carly Swain

A stove top fire forced a man from his home Wednesday morning as firefighters were called for help.

Kinston Fire officials said they got the call at 1:57 a.m. Wednesday to 1309 Airlee Drive, a home not far from the Kinston Country Club.

Firefighters told WITN food was left cooking on the stove, unattended, when the fire kicked up.

One young man was home at the time and got out safely, according to officials.

Crews tell us there was minimal fire damage confined to the kitchen and some smoke damage to the other parts of the house.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 259194921 - witn.com/a?a=259194921
Gray Television, Inc.