Two Firefighters Injured In Battling House Fire

Two firefighters were injured battling a house fire Monday afternoon in Kinston.

The fire on Chestnut Street was caused by food left unattended on the stove. Two city firefighters were taken to Lenoir Memorial Hospital and later released for what is being called minor injuries.

The fire department says the home suffered heavy fire and smoke damage. The smoke detector in the home did work.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 89989147 - witn.com/a?a=89989147
Gray Television, Inc.