Wreck Kills Driver, Passenger Survives

One person was killed while another survived a fatal wreck Sunday. The Highway Patrol says 31-year-old Tavares Wade was killed in Lenoir County, north of La Grange Sunday afternoon.

Troopers say the fatal crash happened on Ed Herring Rd. Wade was thrown from his Chevy Suburban after he lost control of the vehicle, it flipped and hit a utility pole, officials say.

Troopers say 51-year-old Richard Waters of La Grange was in the vehicle, too, but he survived the crash. He was listed in good condition.

The Highway Patrol says it appears Wade was not wearing a seat belt.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Clara Location: Virginia Beach, VA on Mar 15, 2010 at 03:53 AM
    I am so saddened to hear about this. My prayers go out to the family. I was proud of what he was doing in his life and hurt that he will not get to show his talents off to the world.
  • by Jethro Bodine Location: New Bern on Mar 9, 2010 at 04:20 AM
    I agree with Al..Seat Belts and Air Bags WORK! Please use them! I'm living proof that they can save your life. And you never know what is gonna happen in the next few seconds...a deer/bear crossing the road, someone pulls out unexpectedly...you just never know.
  • by Katrina Dudley-Hawkins Location: LaGrange, North Carolina on Mar 8, 2010 at 02:05 PM
    To the family of Tavares Wade, my prayers go out to you in your time of loss. I went to school with Tavares for so many years and I will always remember him. He loved to laugh, joke, and just fun to be around. It's my earnest prayer that God will give you the peace that passes all UNDERSTANDING. I know sometimes we don't understand why, but God has his master plan.
  • by Bridgette Johnson Location: Kinston NC on Mar 8, 2010 at 01:36 PM
    I am still in shock about this. Family we will get through this tough time. He is loved,adored and will be forever in our hearts. WE MISS YOU SCOOTER. ON THAT MORNING WHEN THIS LIFE IS OVER. I KNOW I'LL SEE YOUR FACE. RIP
  • by Georgette on Mar 8, 2010 at 10:58 AM
    HE IS MISSED SO MUCH!
  • by Cousin of Tavares Location: Coral Springs, FL on Mar 8, 2010 at 09:07 AM
    Big Al, thank you for your comment. Our family is deeply saddened by this sudden loss.
  • by Big AL Location: Greene Co on Mar 8, 2010 at 07:17 AM
    As a retired Firefighter and EMS I have seen a lot of things about seat belts. One If it is your turn to go NO seat but will save you . There are circumstances that will take your life either way.I happen to believe that if this man had been wearing his seat belt he would be hurt BUT ALIVE! I will say about 95 percent of the fatal accidents I have responded to the outcome was about the same. If they were wearing their seat belts they would be here. the other 5 percent were killed by the mechanism of the crash. NO safety belt or airbag would have saved them. I use mine due to that chance of I will walk away hurt but not dead.Rather than dead because I did not wear it! I am sorry for the loved ones god bless them~!
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 86843952 - witn.com/a?a=86843952
Gray Television, Inc.