Some Not Happy With Revitalization Effort In Kinston

A business that has seen multiple shootings over the years, including one that injured seven people last year, is no more.

One organization has now bought the building as part of a revitalization plan in Kinston, but not everyone is happy.

The Pride of Kinston bought the final property needed on South Queen street to construct a new entrance way into the city's historic cemeteries---an area organizers say needs a major face-lift.

The development aims to improve the way the city looks and hopefully cut down on crime in a neighborhood that's had a string of shootings over the years.

However, while city leaders were ecstatic about the deal, owners of the restaurant Stop One were devastated by the development. They told WITN they're out of a job and furious the city would give them so little notice to move out of the building they rented after being in business for 15-years.

Adrian King, the director of Pride of Kinston, says the building will be torn down in the next couple of weeks.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 7, 2009 at 07:16 PM
    thank God they are finally doing this. its been needed for many years. i have seen multiple people shot at this place. no i do not attend or participate in activities at this place but do see whats going on. if you ever wanted to see kinstons worse then all you had to do was be at this place at 3am on friday or saturday night. thank you pride of kinston.
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 78736092 - witn.com/a?a=78736092
Gray Television, Inc.